Vinyl Siding Oklahoma City & Surrounding Areas
Many homeowners choose vinyl siding for their home’s exterior for its paintless, virtually maintenance-free appeal. It’s also an economical choice that’s very durable and is available in various thicknesses, colors and grains. Here are some of the pros and cons of vinyl siding:
• Durability – Tough and long-lasting, newer vinyl sidings are less likely to become brittle and crack than older products. They also are resistant to sun damage and fading.
• Affordability – With lower cost and maintenance-requirements than more expensive materials such as wood, siding also can serve as an added layer of insulation, which helps to lower utility bills.
• Maintenance – The maintenance required for vinyl siding is minimal. It doesn’t fade from weather or sunlight and never has to be painted. All that is required to keep vinyl looking great is an annual or semi-annual pressure washing. Over time, moisture can become an issue, but that is easily remedied by re-caulking the joints between the trim and the vinyl siding.
• Appearance – There are many varieties of colors and grains to choose from. The color of the siding is actually baked into the vinyl instead of applied to the surface. This is why the color stays looking new for many years and shows no surface flaws or scratches.
VINYL SIDING PRECAUTIONS
Although vinyl siding is durable and requires little maintenance, that doesn’t mean it’s indestructible or maintenance-free. Two issues to consider are potential damage from severe weather and oxidation:
• Severe Weather – Most vinyl siding products can endure the majority of weather conditions, but extremely severe weather conditions can dislodge panels from their surface and puncture the material. When a siding panel is damaged, it cannot be repaired – it must be replaced.
• Oxidation – Over time, siding will oxidize and fade. Homeowners can delay this by cleaning the siding once every few years and trimming trees or bushes near the home.
If you’re a part of a homeowner’s association, it’s important to check first if vinyl siding is allowed. Sometimes it is permitted in certain areas only or not allowed at all. Once you decide vinyl siding is the way you want to go, we’d love to install it for you!
Vinyl siding installation in Oklahoma City is becoming more attractive every year, and individuals in the area are learning about the benefits of siding installation.
If you would like to learn more about installing new siding for your home in Oklahoma city & Surrounding areas, contact us today!